Have a way to change the line color for the Insert Truss Tool

stayathomedad

Question

I wish the new Insert Truss tool gave us a way to select a truss or truss system and change the color attributes. The simplified attributes are currently based on the settings for the Rigging-Truss-Simplified class and all of the trusses colors are always the same. I would like to have truss built from the same components to be able to display as different colors. i.e. Scenic trusses are BLUE and lighting trusses are RED.

Edited by stayathomedad

1 answer to this question

I agree, it would be good to have some of the same functionality that exists with the Lighting Device object added to the Insert Truss Tool. In the meantime, Data Visualisation in Sheet Layer Viewports is the way to do this.

image.thumb.png.94d3a17aa9162bdb480e081dcd9c14c5.png

In this example I created a simple record and attached it to each piece of truss and assigned a value to each item. Then use the data visualisation function in your Sheet layer viewport to assign the graphic properties. It will also work within hanging positions as well. This is a really powerful feature once get the hang of it.

I've attached the file as well

EDIT: A slight caveat to this is that there is a bug in 2019 which means that the graphic attributes that you set won't display correctly on your screen if you have Navigation Graphics set to "Best Performance". However, they will print and export as you would expect. If you step down to "Best Performance and compatibility" while setting things up then you will see the correct results. I have reported this bug and am hoping it will be addressed in the next SP update.

TRASS DATA Visualisation.vwx

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1