Possible to override classes of a viewport of a referenced viewport?

Christiaan

Question

I've Workgroup Referenced my model into another file and then created a Design Viewport of the whole building. Then I've created Sheet Layer Viewports from that Design Layer.

But I can't override the classes in the Sheet Layer Viewports.

Is this by design or not, I can't remember? Do I have to create a Design Layer Viewport for each set of Class visibilities and overrides I want to use or is there a setting I'm missing?

Edited by Christiaan

8 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, Christiaan said:

What you need to do is select the workgroup reference design layer viewport, click on Classes in the OIP and check the "Use current document's class visibilities" and then import all the classes you want to be able to override from the original file.

Hmm, I think I was confused as it's not working as I thought.

Just trying your files now Mark. I'm using Renderworks and Hidden Line.

18 minutes ago, Christiaan said:

But when I go back to the project I'm working on and mirror the settings it doesn't work. 😡

mmmmm. I think I had the same trouble a while back but got too busy to work it out properly. Not sure what to suggest I'm afraid. BTW. Try stepping down your performance to best performance and compatibility. That has just made wireframe rendering work where it didn't before....

There is an issue with overrides and the VWX performance settings in Preferences that make a few things work better when you step down to best performance and compatibility.

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1