milezee

Gumball Style Manipulation

Hi forum, is there a way to move, scale, rotate objects with a 'Gumball' style widget. At the moment I'm stumbling my way round moving, rotating objects. tia 😊

Are you using the 3D tool set? From the little I know of Rhino, many of these 3D tools work in a similar way

4 hours ago, milezee said:

Hi forum, is there a way to move, scale, rotate objects with a 'Gumball' style widget. At the moment I'm stumbling my way round moving, rotating objects. tia 😊

There currently isn't a "gumball" style widget for these transformations in VW. It has been wish listed and there is one specific to the Subdivision object.

Kevin

• Like 1

@rDesign hahaha, that's like over 2 years back, thanks for the link though. I guess it's deemed not an important feature request, really surprising though tbh 🤔

• Like 1

Milezee, perhaps you should write up a new Wishlist item so users can vote it up. 

Edit,

Sorry I just noted you've bumped the thread!

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 1

@Jim Smith hi Jim, yes bumped it and added my vote, new to the VW forums so I have no idea what percentage of your 'wish lists' make it into the software, Gumball would be a great addition in my mind, I added a short video on the other thread, added below here too, thanks for chipping in, 👍

• Like 3

I had the same problem. Try it. Click the Zoom button on the navigation bar. Left-click on the projection window, which will be scaled. Mouse up to zoom in on objects.