VV2019 weird issue with wall components in sections

PO4

Question

hi forum

I just updated to vv2019 and I must say coming from 2017 there are some impressive and long sought for changes!

Especially being able to finally merge objects that have the same class is a very welcome change.

I have stumbled over what I think is a nasty bug. I'd be glad if someone could help me out/confirm this issue? maybe

it's user error but the same worked fine in vv2017.

if I create a section of a wall which has wall components I get a very ugly bold line, neither in the color nor with the width

it should have specified by the components class. if I remove the components, everything looks as it should.

what could be the issue here?

thank you and best regards

yves

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 10.37.23.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 10.37.30.png

5 answers to this question

hi hans-olav

thank you for the reply! I first thought that as well, but that's unfortunately not it. vectorworks really is behaving quite strangely. other 3d elements are cut correctly but all wall elements are grey and have a super bold cut line. one thing I noticed is that if I copy the geometry to a new file and close to zero, it sometimes works. If I copy the geometry to the same location as the original file, the result is the same. unfortunately if I move the zero point in the original file the result stays the same.

I attached the file I'm working on, maybe someone of you could take a look.

thanks!

test.vwx