Message added by PVA - Admin

This issue should be resolved as of 2019 SP3

I recently worked a lot with texts and referenced inserted images

on Mojave.

The only thing I noticed is that Text lags very much when nudging.

But no serious lags when editing text. Just problems that the text

will disappear after I went out of edit mode for a few seconds,

until it finally reappears.

Which I think is a redraw or refresh issue.

• 1 month later...

Installed SP3 yesterday and so far, great news, most, if not all, of the problems regarding slow text editing and getting artefacts etc. seem to have been resolved, along with a number of other niggling issues. At long last! Still slow in opening the 'Title Block Border Settings' interface which is still a pain in the workflow but other than that, VW is again a pleasure to use.

Regarding the 'Title Block Border Settings' box, perhaps it could be broken down into smaller units so it's faster to load? You mainly want to edit the revision data and the sheet data for a new sheet. Therefore you don't usually need all the myriad options available as you only update the Project data, Sheet Border, Title Block etc once or twice in the life of an entire project. So double clicking a title block you want a small options box where you can set default actions and then select 'Don't show this box again'. One option needs to be 'Edit Sheet Data and Revision Data only' that you can set as a default action and voila, you have a smaller box that should open much faster.

Thank you, Marissa.  I was under the impression that VW support their software for three years... we certainly made some buying decisions based on this... but now it seems that isn't correct - perhaps you can clarify?  (I'm assuming three years are calendar years, not the date of the release.)  Thanks for any clarification, as the remedy seems to involve a considerable (unexpected) cost.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 minutes ago, Jillian Mitchell said:

I was under the impression that VW support their software for three years... we certainly made some buying decisions based on this... but now it seems that isn't correct - perhaps you can clarify?

We support the current active version of Vectorworks, as well as the one immediately prior, so effectively 2 years of support on the product from the day of launch. You can also remain on the same OS you were using Vectorworks 2017 on an will incur no additional expenses. 2017 even worked without issue on 10.13 High Sierra, it was only Mojave where the application breaking changes were introduced by Apple. They don't do this every year but some years end compatibility more than others. 10.7 was similar.