Issue manager numbering "issue"

aeisner

Question

I'm having some issues with the Issue manager connected to the titles blocks in VW2019. I'm preparing a new template file for me and my colleagues. The problem is that as soon as I test it, it creates a new record attached to the Title Block called "Issue data" followed by a number. When I delete the latest (or all) new issues, they still appear in the list  and are saved as a record somewhere I can't find. The issue data tab in the Title block manager also shows "Current issue number: multiple issues" even when I've removed all title blocks from every sheet.

Is there any way to reset the counter and remove all redundant issue data from a VW file?

Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 15.06.52.png

Edited by aeisner

13 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @aeisner,

I suppose that you did not select to "Delete From All", when deleting the issues? If so, this is the reason why the Issue Records were not deleted.

In the Title Block Border, we create new Record for each Issue and that is why you are seeing these Issue records attached to your TBBs. As of VW2019, there is no way to delete Issue Records entirely, if you have not chosen to "Delete From All".

I am attaching a script here, that you could execute in your file and will clear the Issue Records that are not used.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Delete Unused Issues.zip

• Like 1

Hi @Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thanks for the fast answer!

I did use the "Delete From All" command, but there seems to have been some sort limbo when I added multiple Title block styles and started switching between them.

Thanks for the script, now I just gotta figure out what to do with it. Never seen a .px before and I only get an "older version of VW" dialog, but I'll figure it out.

Thanks again!

/Andreas

Thanks Nikolay, this worked. Unfortunately the script messed up my issues a bit (I think it's more the way I was using issues rather than the script). Is there no way to see all the issue data to review it in one place, such as viewing the record format some way?

Sounds like I should just shift up to 2020 and then I wouldn't have this problem!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
6 minutes ago, _James said:

Thanks Nikolay, this worked. Unfortunately the script messed up my issues a bit (I think it's more the way I was using issues rather than the script). Is there no way to see all the issue data to review it in one place, such as viewing the record format some way?

Sounds like I should just shift up to 2020 and then I wouldn't have this problem!

You can use the the worksheet formula FormatField to extract issue data from formats. It will show you all the issue data you need for the formats you need. However, you cannot modify this data.