Extrude along path objects missing in hidden line render section viewports

Boh

Does anyone know why this happens with extrude along path objects in hidden line renders? It is fine in OpenGL as per screenshots below. If I edit the extrude profile & switch it to screen plane, then sometimes the objects reappear only to find them gone again later on. Changing the smoothing angle in background render settings doesn't seem to make any diff. The extrude in this instance is a pipe railing with circles for the profile.

image.thumb.png.ec6419a3ce574c1ee50727e4848ee753.pngimage.thumb.png.f5a8959d8c383b7d9390bb344064cd4c.png

• 4 years later...

This is your post from 2018 that I referred to. I'm wondering if your extruded pipes disappeared in these section VPs for the same reason that cylinders are disappearing for me in elevation VPs. Maybe there's something about hidden line render that can't see the sides of a cylindrical object.

Hi Ed. I never got a resolution to this unfortunately. As I recall I had to go into the path edit view of the EAP objects that would regenerate them and they would work. Sometime later however they would disappear. Hidden line renders again. I haven’t come across this issue with simple extrudes.

Edited by Boh
  • Like 1