Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Function reference

Andrey_E

Where is located SDK function reference?

I cannot find it in downloaded SDK. SDK files contain the only introduction in file SDKManual.pdf and VectorScript reference.

Also, I cannot find it on developer.vectorworks.net and on vectorworks.net. Google also cannot find references to certain functions.

If you're looking to develop your own parametric object, start with the templates in the SDK.  Because plug-ins are based on a COM model, creating a new PIO isn't as easy as just deriving a class.  Don't consult the PDF — it's very out of date.

The VW…Obj classes are wrappers for various object types and consolidate the various ways to create and modify an object.  You're not going to find an external reference document for any of these, but while the header files for these don't have a lot of comments, I think the member function and argument names are fairly descriptive.  Also make sure to look at parent classes, in this case VWGroupObj and VWObject.