ID Tool 2

Is there a way to edit the ID Tool independent of the Plant Catalogue? I have imported symbols from another program that don't seem to work with the place plant tool, but they are fine in the 2d symbols folder. I can place them ok, but the labeling is a problem. The id tool works, but I need to edit the id for content and size. ?????????????

(Thanks Katie for the help with the printer)

The plant "id" functionality works directly with the place plant tool. If you are not using the place plant tool to place the new symbols, you will not be able to ID the plants.

What you can do, is follow the criteria in the VW Landmark User's Guide for customizing your own symbols - make appropriate changes to your current symbols and put them in the 2d P Syms folder. You can then use the plant catalog to assign these symbols to any plant definition you've created or plan to create. Then, you can place this very symbol with your plant information in the drawing using the place plant tool.

Based on the criteria specified in the Edit Plant Definition and Tag Display, that information will show on the screen.

I apparently am not using my plant tool correctly, here is what's happening. I select the Place Plant Tool from my palette - hit the settings button and the SET DEFAULT PLANT TOOL OPTIONS opens. I select a graphic symbol, select edit, the EDIT PLANT CATALOG opens. When I select EDIT the graphic display chooses a different symbol. If I select NEW I must choose a new symbol in the DEFINE PLANT screen. I've entered my plant data and select ok. I select ok again to exit the Plant Tool. Selecting the Plant Tool again brings up the plant I just defined. I now select the ID Tool. The Plant is ID'd correctly, but the label is not as defined in the Define Plant Tool. Above the line is 1.00 and then the Botanical name. Below the line is 10'0" and "FIELDNAME". ???????????? This occurs with the symbols provided in Landmark.

Now I can select the symbols that I imported into the 2D_PSyms folder and place them directly in the design. (Plant Record has been assigned) The ID Tool works exactly like above. I can't edit the label (not even for size) in either situation.

The ID Tool appears not to be working with either setup. Beyond that, I need to be able to get my imported symbols to work in the Plant Catalog.