Subdivision Surface as Site Modifier

martinfdc

Question

It it currently not possible to have a site model modifier that does a form like the images I attach.

I have tried doing this with a 3D Polygon placed under the DTM-Modifier class but the site model reads 3D polygons as contour lines.

The pad with slope doesn't provide the form I want to create either.

I have also tried creating a 3D Polygon, converting it to Nurbs then via the 3D power pack>Create Surfaces from Curves, then Create Interpolated Surfaces, and then placing that in the DTM-Modifier class but then the site model converts that into a mesh with little information that does not contain the form that I want.

So the best way to create this strange shaped would be with the subdivision surface. I hope one day one can use this object as a site modifier. Or it could also be created via an interpolated surface but then the site model should respect all vertices and not read the interpolated surface as quite a basic mesh when the interpolated surface is in the DTM-Modifier class.

Maybe I'm totally wrong and doing this type of form in a terrain is possible, if so, I would be very glad if someone tells me how can this be done.

This type of form occurs many times in the real world, for example you have a ramp that's connected to a street with an incline and to a garage that it's entry level is straight...

2.thumb.jpg.2ef5eb3c1aa5056563acec42b0dfacc6.jpg1.thumb.jpg.fa61ae5c60c8dc62d9bfa29ab0af2bbc.jpg

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Thanks for the suggestion @Kevin Allen, in the end what I did was I created a Subdivision Primitive as a square then gave it the shape I wanted, then increase number of iterations and then converted the subdivision to 3d polygons, then I placed all of those polygons in the DTM-Modifier class. It worked perfectly!

I attach a screenshot of the result of using the 3d polygons obtained from the subdivision objet.

1028371840_SubdivisionPrimitivetoSiteModifiers.thumb.jpg.2de268e30d192a0ec68dec65470ad72f.jpg

• Like 1