Liene Cikanovica

Data Tag Disconnects From Record Object

Question

I have some placed data tags (room tags) disconnecting from record object (Space). It looks like it is happening after updating Data Tag Style.

I am not sure what I should do to avoid that. We will place hundreds of different tags through many sheets of drawings, I don't want to be worried that some of those tags will show blank.854197370_ScreenShot2018-12-07at3_30_12PM.thumb.png.b59601c7f72736d24753ab0c0f255fc9.png

4 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Liene Cikanovica said:

I have some placed data tags (room tags) disconnecting from record object (Space). It looks like it is happening after updating Data Tag Style.

I am not sure what I should do to avoid that. We will place hundreds of different tags through many sheets of drawings, I don't want to be worried that some of those tags will show blank.854197370_ScreenShot2018-12-07at3_30_12PM.thumb.png.b59601c7f72736d24753ab0c0f255fc9.png

I would contact tech support and/or bug submit the issue (link at the bottom of this page) so it gets documented. @KIvanov may also be able to help.

Kevin

Hello Liene,

Could you send me a test file and eventual steps how to disconnect the data tag(s)? Do you use the project sharing?

Thanks,

Kostadin Ivanov

• Like 1

@KIvanov 

We use project sharing. I don't know when exactly the tags get disconnected. My theory was that it gets disconnected after editing the Data Tag Style and committing. There were more people working on a file and placing the tags while I was updating the Data Tag Style.

The Data Tag Style itself is referenced in from a library file and I would edit it from my project file directly (not form the library file). 

From time to time I see some tags being disconnected after fixing them. Now I was trying to to it in my test file and all was fine.

Thanks!

Hello Liene,

We found this issue (issue with project sharing) and we will fix it in next SP.

Best Regards,

Kostadin Ivanov

• Like 1