Horizontal Section Questions

Jim Smith

Question

With new tools come new challenges, & I'm prepared for some time to "hold my mouth in the right way" to get a new tool to do what I want it to do. Here are my questions about the Horizontal Section tool:

-Where does the the section marker live? Once created, it vanishes & there isn't a button as with Vertical Sections to indicate where will be displayed.   

- I've noted some odd / unexpected behaviour in creating these, mostly the horizontal range, sometimes this is infinity sometimes it's 2 or 3 M does not seem to have a control for this. Sometimes a Crop will force this to work, other times, not so much.

- Class visibility seems arbitrary, I have both manually and used the eye dropper to have Class visibility correct. Here is the Viewport I used to produce the visibility I want: (Section created in the design layer)

Untitled2.jpeg

Here is what I get: Note the random chairs are in the same furniture class as the other objects & the vertical height is set to infinity. Note that these chair symbols are also reading as black rather than grey. Doors are in the Sills Class, however note the door leaf is visible (the leaf seems to be in a class that's not listed anywhere nor is it visible called <door class> (WETF that is)

Untitled.jpeg

Edited by Jim Smith

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet