Problems with Space Tool - Multiple Space tags showing & problems with Space Styles

Liene Cikanovica

Question

I have been using multiple space tags in my 2018 file. All space tags and their tag symbols where in different classes and visibilities were controlled in viewports.

I just converted my file to 2019 and it shows all space tags even the class is turned off.

This is how it should look like:

981981486_VW2018.thumb.png.82a71554ebf3c56fb265f843fba13233.png

This is how it looks in 2019 with 2nd tags showing (though the class is off):

960759067_VW2019.thumb.png.d1355b76d3107d8c2508b6f2be5567a9.png

I know that the space tag tool is remade, but this bug doesn't help in smooth conversion of existing files. I would like to keep some of old system in place till we have time to update drawings with ID Tags. 

Plus other things:

- Using Space Styles crash the file.

- Applying Space Style to an existing space it change all space info (Space ID, Occupancy etc) to default Space Style info, though the parameters in those fields are set By Instance. Besides it changes Space class to 2D Boundary Class not to Space Object Class which is set in Space Style. 

- Space tags Data Tag doesn't allow to change space name with a drop down list offering just Custom or Edit List

- Space name or other dropdown lists of Occupancy info in Schedules doesn't work either.

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 12.32.41 PM.png

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

This is a documented bug. 

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/58342-2019-space-labels-unclassable/&page=0#comment-291336

Jim says it should be fixed in SP3 which has not been released.  I am hoping that it gets released soon because we have several projects in our office that absolutely require the space tool to function correctly. 

1556690167_ScreenShot2018-12-10at2_16_40PM.thumb.png.c3c40a478ab03658d611178a255b465b.png

• Like 2

@cberg and @Jim Wilson

Does this bug fix also address the issue where the spaces all get reset to the style default info, whenever an existing space is switched to that style? I'm having this issue (and some similar style related implosions) too. 

On 12/6/2018 at 1:03 PM, Liene Cikanovica said:

- Applying Space Style to an existing space it change all space info (Space ID, Occupancy etc) to default Space Style info, though the parameters in those fields are set By Instance. Besides it changes Space class to 2D Boundary Class not to Space Object Class which is set in Space Style. 

Thanks,

Matt

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
5 hours ago, mgries said:

Does this bug fix also address the issue where the spaces all get reset to the style default info, whenever an existing space is switched to that style? I'm having this issue (and some similar style related implosions) too. 

Let me double check, there are 86 bugs fixed in SP3 related to Spaces alone so I'll verify if that issue is on the list.

• Love 1

Hi @Jim Wilson Is there any indication when SP3 will be coming out? I have just updated our project (with over 1,000 spaces) to 2019 as I figured by SP2 most major bugs would have been ironed out, only to realise that this one will prevent us from preparing presentation material that we need next week. Should I revert back to our old version, we dont have the time (and/or the inclination 😉 ) to set up custom data labels and change the label for each room?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Tim Harland said:

Hi @Jim Wilson Is there any indication when SP3 will be coming out?

No public date unfortunately, apologies. You can however revert back to the last patch if you wish:

Close Vectorworks, then launch the Vectorworks 2019 Updater application (it should be in the regular Vectorworks 2019 application folder) and then click Advanced Options. Hold the Alt/Option key down while this dropdown menu is open, and you should see a selection for Change Version. From there you should be able to select SP0.

31 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

No public date unfortunately, apologies. You can however revert back to the last patch if you wish:

Close Vectorworks, then launch the Vectorworks 2019 Updater application (it should be in the regular Vectorworks 2019 application folder) and then click Advanced Options. Hold the Alt/Option key down while this dropdown menu is open, and you should see a selection for Change Version. From there you should be able to select SP0.

Thanks Jim - I thought as much. I still cant control the class of the space labels sepatately in SP0 though correct?

Getting a space tool that works correctly is absolutely critical to our workflow.  Not to complain, but it's been since September since this tool was broken.  I need to do finish plans and need to have multiple space labels working correctly.

Edited by cberg
On 12/6/2018 at 10:03 PM, Liene Cikanovica said:

I have been using multiple space tags in my 2018 file. All space tags and their tag symbols where in different classes and visibilities were controlled in viewports.

I just converted my file to 2019 and it shows all space tags even the class is turned off.

This is how it should look like:

981981486_VW2018.thumb.png.82a71554ebf3c56fb265f843fba13233.png

This is how it looks in 2019 with 2nd tags showing (though the class is off):

960759067_VW2019.thumb.png.d1355b76d3107d8c2508b6f2be5567a9.png

I know that the space tag tool is remade, but this bug doesn't help in smooth conversion of existing files. I would like to keep some of old system in place till we have time to update drawings with ID Tags. 

Plus other things:

- Using Space Styles crash the file.

- Space tags Data Tag doesn't allow to change space name with a drop down list offering just Custom or Edit List

- Space name or other dropdown lists of Occupancy info in Schedules doesn't work either.

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 12.32.41 PM.png

Hi.I confirm all the bugs, problems, questions you wrot on this post. And i want to say "thank you" for the clarity and patience you used to describe all this questions. Around space object is playing a deep role for the BIM process and work process during a VW work.

Z

On 12/18/2018 at 4:10 PM, Jim Wilson said:

Let me double check, there are 86 bugs fixed in SP3 related to Spaces alone so I'll verify if that issue is on the list.

Sorry Jim, but if you have 86 bugs fixed related to Space Objects, why do not you release them now without waiting for sp3?

On 1/12/2019 at 12:42 PM, Zeno said:

Sorry Jim, but if you have 86 bugs fixed related to Space Objects, why do not you release them now without waiting for sp3?

We cant just send the fixed ones back one at a time, they have to be pushed in a build. 

Eventually, we want to be able to correct them piecemeal and then send the updates out and have it patch in the background so you never even know you had a bug, but our tech and process aren't ready for that yet.

51 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

We cant just send the fixed ones back one at a time, they have to be pushed in a build. 

Eventually, we want to be able to correct them piecemeal and then send the updates out and have it patch in the background so you never even know you had a bug, but our tech and process aren't ready for that yet.

Ok thanks