How to class window and door trim correctly?

I have my windows and doors set up via the PIO with Trim-1 set to Style-10. Regardless of what style (class) I set Trim-1 to (or Trim-2 for that matter), there is no change to the drawing. Sashes and glazing both respond to style/class changes.

If I alter the render tab, to "class texture" vs. "none", I can set up a texture in the Window Class which will render the trim, but in this case, a simple "paint" color is preferred.

Any ideas?

VW-11 ? Mac G4, 466mhz ? 384MB RAM ?OSX 10.3.3

Here's the deal: after setting a PIO element to be "style #", then you need to go in and edit the CLASS dialog, where you will find that *magically* there is now a new class called "style #". So you go into the CLASS setup and assign the texture (or color, or line weight, etc) to the class called "style #", and make sure the "use at creation" option is selected, and voila!

Yes it is confusing. But once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. Hope that helps!

Peter,

Thanks for the feedback. As a general rule of thumb, that advice works. I realize, however, that I've stumbled over the edge into BUGGY territory. After a lot of troubleshooting and my fortunate encounter with another posting (at the bottom of this entry) I figured out what is going on. Apparently VW-11 doesn't correctly class doors and windows made with earlier versions of the door and window tool. That is, doors and windows created with the new VW 11 PIO's class correctly. However, if one were to add Simple Door-2, Simple Window-2, French Door ... to the workspace and create an object, certain objects (namely trim and doors) won't class correctly. That is, they will maintain NONE attributes no matter what you do.

To the best of my memory, I happened upon this situation because I updated my file from an earlier version of VW. So, all of the window and door objects retained their settings from the obsolete tools. Is anyone else able to verify this?

p.s. Now that I'm using the new door tool - I notice that it includes a mandatory apron. Whereas, earlier versions of the tool required you to build one manually. Is it possible to turn the apron on and/or off??

Related Post-Door Classing Irregularities