FRUSTRATION WITH 2019

rja/a

Question

8 answers to this question

I have to agree! SP2 for VWX2019 is out and I am still not able to use it! I pay annual rate to upgrade every year (in the hope of getting a better program) and I wonder if I can claim my money back if I still need to use VWX2018 because of all the bugs in VWX 2019 and the once still not fixed in VWX2018.

It looks like since VWX 2017 you focus more on new function then getting the existing stuff to work.

I am not more productive because of some fancy function, I need a stable program to work with. 

Sorry but I am not impressed. 

• Like 2

It's very disappointing.  We are not going to even consider using 2019 until SP3.  Even 2018 still has display glitches and hidden line render anomalies etc.  With each release we hope for a more complete and stable version - a genuine 'upgrade' that can be used productively from day 1.  Fingers crossed for v2020.

• Like 2

it sounds like something similar to what I am experiencing, rja/a.

because I'm still learning BIM and trying to commit to it, I keep thinking I am doing something wrong or have conflicts within my files that are causing problems.

but what?

2 big question marks so far with my very recently upgraded computer$$$ and VW 2019:

- I'll update a VP or do a roof edit, and VW hesitates, then shuts down, no warnings, no info on why.

- within VP's - when annotating - I'll move something and it will only show the shadow outline of the object in the new location but still show the object in the first location, but it's not accessible. the oip does not recognize it at all once I've "lost" it....

would really appreciate some help!!

Edited by niagara designer
ps computer profile: windows 10 pro, 16GB ram, intel core i7-4770 cpu@3.40GHz
17 minutes ago, niagara designer said:

I'll move something and it will only show the shadow outline of the object in the new location but still show the object in the first location, but it's not accessible

Yes, I am experiencing this also, and am trying to get re-producable behaviour where I can file a bug report.

Without making it reproducable the engineers won't know where to start.

I've found a work around in "some" of these cases, which forces a re-draw and tends to solve the issue.

In the top right, activate the black/white only button, so it's there at-hand.

When you get this silly ghosting issue, just toggle b/w on and off and it should bring everything back.... not ideal, but it gets you going again.

Were both on similar platforms;

Win 10, 32GB, intel i7-6820@4GHz, 2x GeForce 1070 SLI (2x8GB Vram),  2xSSD Raid 0, 2x 4k monitor

PS. This trick can solve other display issues as well.

image.thumb.png.41b5f5925dea2edb5a9031426923e94b.pngRaid 0

image.png

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Just a reminder... If you are not finding the answer to a problem here on the Forum, and if you are a Service Select member (or if you purchased Vectorworks within the last year), please do submit any issues you find via the tech support channels in your country. We obviously don’t want you to be having any technical difficulties with Vectorworks, so contacting your tech support team will give them they chance to assist you directly.

• Like 1

Yep a LOT of problems with 2019 here as well. I've got two new projects in 2019, what a mistake. Program constantly quits out of the blue. Serious rendering issues. Bitmaps show up black until zoom way in. Section viewports look normal but zoom in or out and suddenly all you can see is a few weird little lines, it basically disappears. If you go in to edit section and back out, it renders normally, until zoom in and out again....can't print this way. VW please don't release new versions that are so buggy, what an incredible time-waster. I can't bill my clients for this ridiculousness. Not putting any other projects on 2019 until it's normal.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Locking this thread. We need to make sure to stay away from general "Things are weird" threads, we can't track anything down that way. Anyone who is experiencing issues in 2019, please make sure that they go into either an existing thread about SPECIFICALLY the issue you are having, and that you have contacted support directly as well (especially over the holidays when many employees outside the support departments are unavailable) so that we can get these issues sorted. We've had a lot of users claim that they were experiencing bugs with 2019 and/or mojave recently that ended up just being local issues on their machine.

It's perfectly fine to start a new thread about a specific issue, and i'll find and combine them into single issue threads. Generic ones like this don't help and confuse newer users looking for support, thinking that posting in a combined thread will help when it actually delays help.

• Like 3