what happpened to referenced layers????

jnr

I converted each referenced file to V11 and re-referenced them to the new V11 target file. All previous referenced layers were lost and I had to go thru each sheet and re-reference the layers eventhough the layer names never changed. In the layer visibilities list of the target v11 file, nothing is italicized.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

JNR,

What exactly are you referring to when you say "the layer visibilities list"? Are you referring to the Layer Visibilities dialog that you reach either by clicking on the Layers button on the Save View dialog or by clicking on the Layers button on the OI palette shape pane when a viewport is selected? If so, this is a known bug.

"Layer visibilities" radio button on the edit save view window, referenced layers are not italicized. In the "layers setup" window, For an imported 10 file, the referenced layers come into 11 as a design layer and do not appear italicized. Again, I had to manually re-reference the referenced layers once I had converted all the referenced files eventhough the layer names never changed.