VW 2019 and Spinning Wheels

FlyingHoward

Question

Hi all,

I have upgraded from 2015 Designer to 2019 Designer SP2 recently. Am now experiencing the spinning beachball with increasingly longer spin times as my work continues, sometimes ending with a Forced quit. Almost every click causes the spin. 

Watching muy Console Log while this spinning is happening, I get many many lines of the Message   NSGenericException -- The window has been marked as needing another Display Window pass, but it has already had 3 Display Window passes.

Restarting has no effect, nor did re-installing the application. I am, however, using Batch Converted files [event facility] with all of the same content from 2015.

2019 Designer SP 2

27"iMac Late 2015 Intel Core i5 3.2GHZ 16GB Ram 1TB HDD Radeon R9 M380 2GB VRam 

ASUS PB328 Monitor

OSX 10.14.1

Any suggestions would be super helpful, thank you.

Mark

8 answers to this question

I had the same issue.

Switch back to version 1.1

That´s not really perfect at all, but the ball of death does not appear that often.

To do so - open the Vectorworks Updater, while holding command and option and click on advanced options

i think the last entry in the pop-up is called "change version"

I think I have solved my issue. I had 90 Sheets of various viewports [preset room layouts] where I would edit then publish individual sets of sheets as required. I deleted all sheets [working off of a back-up copy...], and now no more spinning beachball. I have all design layers intact still.

VRAM might very well be an issue, but for now and for me, this is a reasonable fix.

Thanks all.