Mojave when?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Light will not be getting any greener. All the issues we could patch have been fixed, but the issues users are having with Mojave and Macs with Nvidia GPUs (Apple hasn't released drivers for them that work well) and the issues theyre having with printers being made compatible with the OS remain, so we didn't want to cheerfully push users to update unless they NEED to for some reason. My production mac here is remaining on 10.13 for the time being.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 8:48 PM, Jim Wilson said:

Light will not be getting any greener. All the issues we could patch have been fixed, but the issues users are having with Mojave and Macs with Nvidia GPUs (Apple hasn't released drivers for them that work well) and the issues theyre having with printers being made compatible with the OS remain, so we didn't want to cheerfully push users to update unless they NEED to for some reason. My production mac here is remaining on 10.13 for the time being.

I'm on an AMD and have problems with 2019 and it hanging -  can't use framing member or extrude along path etc, along with drawing labels, roofs acting weird - so I find the statement: 'all the issues we could patch have been fixed'  nonsense.  The troubleshooting boards would seem to indicate that you haven't fixed all the issues. 

1 minute ago, fabrica said:

so I find the statement: 'all the issues we could patch have been fixed'  nonsense.  The troubleshooting boards would seem to indicate that you haven't fixed all the issues. 

We have fixed all issues that we could patch and have control over. The rest of the bugs are on apples end.

13 minutes ago, fabrica said:

I can't use a custom profile in the framing member without 2019 crashing

That issue is a bug that has been confirmed and filed? I do not see a bug related to this filed in (year)2018, I see that custom profiles were not working in 2019 SP0 and that there was a fixed pushed in SP1, but it was unrelated to Mojave. 

12 minutes ago, fabrica said:

not working in 2019 SP2

Custom profiles with the Framing Member tool work fine for me using SP2. (See below). Your array of symptoms make it sound like you have an installation-specific or file-specific issue causing these results. 

Did you migrate your Workspace from a previous Vectorworks? Maybe it got corrupted in the process. To verify; Quit Vectorworks > Move your Vectorworks User Folder elsewhere > launch Vectorworks and test again. 

If the issue doesn't occur in a File > New... > 'new blank document' using a newly generated profile, then it's your file. If it does, it's something particular to your installation, possibly your Workspace. Or maybe the Resetting Vectorworks Preferences process is needed. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 10.00.27.png