briland23

Marquee select not optional in 2019

Question

Good afternoon,

I am slowly working my way into 2019, and I am having a problem with the selection marquee selecting objects that are not completely bound by the marquee.

I understand this functionality to be optional using the Alt/Option key on a Mac. I am experiencing this as an automatic selection behavior and I can't find a preference to turn this off.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

I would suspect that one of your Option keys is stuck down. Either that or your Vectorworks and/or your computer requires a restart. 

To test: Go into Finder and click-drag any document. If it gets a green '+' icon next to the cursor then your Option key is stuck down. If so, give each one a flick! 

I've had a few weird UI behaviours since setting up my new MacBook Pro 2018 and restarting was [all that was] necessary to remedy them. 

@briland23 By default selecting objects as you describe should still be optional (via the Option key) in 2019... I'm just curious, are you running 2019 SP2 or a previous version of 2019?

@briland23 Since you're running SP2, do give Jeremy's suggestions above a try. Often a restart of the computer will solve such things.

Problem Fixed!

Restarting did the trick.

Thank you all

Edited by briland23