line-weight

It's impossible for Vectorworks to draw this very simple object correctly.... right?

Question

I think we've been around the houses on this issue before, but want to make sure I'm not missing something, because it causes me endless trouble.

All this is, is a wall, with a top section formed of two directly modelled solids. The wall and the two top pieces are all finished in the same material, and where their surfaces join each other they are coplanar. So, when I generate elevations from the model, there should not be any lines between them. But there are, and as far as I know there is no way to get rid of them.

820066022_ScreenShot2018-12-04at19_23_55.thumb.jpg.3498533a68c50e9f11de3e1946831130.jpg

Ok, so errant line A could be made to disappear by making an addition of solids A and B, even if there might be drawing setup reasons that doing so would cause other issues.

But there's absolutely no way of making errant line B disappear.

Is that right?

(I've attached the drawing file below too)

vwimpossible.vwx

On 12/4/2018 at 8:41 PM, Jim Wilson said:

Going to push this a bit more with the engineer tomorrow, we've set aside some time to chat about it.

I'm curious whether anything came out of your chat @Jim Wilson?

2 minutes ago, line-weight said:

I'm curious whether anything came out of your chat @Jim Wilson?

At the moment, it is limited to finding either Wall objects, or Features in Walls that use the exact same component as the exposed face of the wall is using, but no further. It's in as a wish to expand this ability but there was nothing quick that could be done to improve it.