Heliodon shadows not working

khumenny

Question

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Do you only have the one heliodon, and no other light objects enabled in that document? OpenGL has a max of 8, is the only reason i mention this, so if you had internal lights they could be taking up those slots, this wont happen in Renderworks though.

Do Heliodon shadows work in a new test file with just some extrudes and that same heliodon copied into it? 

I have seen this, but only temporarily. Try this: change Render Mode to one of the Renderworks Modes (Realistic Exterior eg); let it do its thing; then change back to Open GL. Sometimes even changing to Hidden Line and then back works to 'force' VW's to completely re-render in Open GL. Also, I have seen a couple instances where a view change (via Flyover Tool eg) will suffice. If all this fails, you may need to Quit and Restart VW's... 

• Like 1

Thanks Cipes, I tried all those without success.

BG, you're the winner, though just re-inserting it didn't work... I had to insert a second heliodon and that re-set something once there were two. I did insert it in 3D view open GL while all the others were inserted in plan. Not sure if that had something to do with it.

Thanks All!