Pvz11

Data tag - Tag symbols within symbols

Hi,

As far as I am aware through trial and error I have found it is not possible to attach Data tags to Symbols holding custom record data within a Symbol from the Sheet layer Viewports annotations. 

Is their a way to do this that i'm just not aware of? So far i have not found a solution, this tool has allot of potential i would have assumed that this would be possible already.

Please see example file attached.

Thank you

Example Data Tag.vwx

Edited by Pvz11

You can do it fine on individual symbols. What you appear to be trying to do is attach a data tag to a symbol with a record that is already within a symbol. That won't work I'm afraid. Data tags won't see through container objects like groups or symbols. However you can attach a record to a group or container symbol and then it should all work fine.

• Like 1

I would like to have an option to be able to draw attached record from items in a group. I group things for convenience - like row of casework and a counter; and I want to tag each casework unit separately on interior elevations.