Josh Schulman

Question

It would be great if you could place a camera operator in Spotlight and click on them to see their view. Also with the ability to change the camera settings the same way that a camera operator would. I know that you could insert a camera on top of an operator but it would be great to click on the camera position and be able to see what they see. Also include pan, tilt, and zoom relative to what the camera could do. 

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

You can already do this with a camera object. "Activate Camera" will show you the view from the camera, "Fine Tune Camera View" will allow you to change the view the camera will see.

If you want to be able to click on an object and see the view from a particular point then you could set up a Saved View from each camera and then use the "Hyperlink" tool and set it to go to a particular saved view when clicked on. From there, you can rotate around the view using the Walkthrough tool in "Look around" mode.

Edited by markdd
22 hours ago, markdd said:

You can already do this with a camera object. "Activate Camera" will show you the view from the camera, "Fine Tune Camera View" will allow you to change the view the camera will see.

It is important to set the focal length of the renderworks camera closer to 50mm. This closest resembles the way a human eye sees perspective.

It may be hard to wrap your head around at first, because you may need to place the camera object much farther back than drawn to show the entire view you wish to see, or much closer than where it would be in real life for a tight shot. If you have the lens set at a wider focal length you get distorted objects in your scene.

I should have clarified... 

What I'm looking for is not a camera that you would use to take a photo with. I'm looking for a camera to function like a video or I-MAG camera of the type that is used for events. So instead of a the Renderworks Camera thinking in terms of film size, I want the camera to use video lenses and/or imagers. Can the camera be taught to think like a video camera? 

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 2.14.55 PM.png