No Mac OS Cover Flow integration in 2019???

Jeff Bonny

Question

With 2019 Vectorworks is no longer integrated with the Mac OS cover flow view in Finder? WTF? It's one of the two Finder views I use and now it's now gone. Great.

One more cluster**** release like this and I'm not sure I'll bother upgrading again. I don't care about more cool features if basic workflow components aren't there.

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
17 minutes ago, Jeff Bonny said:

With 2019 Vectorworks is no longer integrated with the Mac OS cover flow view in Finder? WTF? It's one of the two Finder views I use and now it's now gone. Great.

One more cluster**** release like this and I'm not sure I'll bother upgrading again. I don't care about more cool features if basic workflow components aren't there.

Cover flow previews work fine here in 2019 SP2 on 10.14.2 as well as 10.13.6. Please make sure to check issues with tech@vectorworks.net before assuming they are widespread. They may be able to correct the previews directly or may instruct you on a preference reset/reinstall if need be.

Ok then what I am assuming is I've already spent too much time ****ing around with this release and I need to get back to work. For several years from release to release I haven't had a single issue with cover flow or any other system view options becoming unavailable or needing to be turned back on.

The company needs to pause and take stock. I don't care how fast a sports car goes and how many slick features it has if I can't find the headlight controls without taking my eyes off the road. Sorry if I'm being somewhat curt but this release has cost me a lot of work time I didn't get paid for and I'm frustrated. Looking for a file this morning and not having a view option that's been there seamlessly through several versions kinda put me over the top. I'll be ok. The cure for cancer isn't hanging on this.

sorry. calm down.

i am working for several years now with cad and modeling systems and other stuff. no matter if it is adobe cc, word, excel, numbers, form-z, electric image... did you forget the rule that after a new release is born, everybody is a tester? 

always keep a keen eye on new releases before switching your complete workflow. that´s what i do for over 24 years now!

and if you don´t want to be a tester - wait half a year after each release 😉 

no matter if it is adobe cc, word, excel, numbers, form-z, electric image, autocad, archicad...

• Like 4