Asymmetrical Beam Angle issues

IggyLites

Hello, I'm trying to create an asymmetrical beam angle unit but having some issues with the spreads. I've been inputting the right angles into Beam Angle and Beam Angle 2 but the values represented by "Draw Beam" seem outlandish.  It's an Altman Gallery Wall Wash which has an 85º x 80º spread.  No matter how I input these the angles int he draw beam are absolutely enormous, with one showing up as 120º and the other at about 140º.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 1.47.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 1.47.20 PM.png

• Like 1

Although it looks outlandish, I don't think the Lighting Device tool is returning inaccurate results. I'm afraid I think your methodology is incorrect.

Assuming that your focus point and lighting device are at different heights, then if I measure the angle in Top View by measuring on the screen plane I will indeed get an inaccurate measurement, but that is not a true indication of the actual beam angle being projected.  If you set the focus point and the instrument height to be the same then your way of measuring the beam angle will return a correct result. The correct way to measure the beam angle would be along the actual plane of the projected beam itself. If you do that, then I think you should see a more accurate result.

1486806703_Screenshot2018-12-03at08_34_34.thumb.png.e0f33be395add53d898f8ee6679767b6.png 1473362481_Screenshot2018-12-03at08_28_52.thumb.png.9133901ceab289ad8c65c46682a15ae1.png

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1