Import SketchUp 2018

ericjhberg

Question

10 answers to this question

Agreed — SketchUp 2018 was released in November 2017, which should have been enough time to get this into Vw2019.

The Vw2019 Help File says it imports SketchUp version 4 through 2017, so if you have access to SketchUp 2018 you can ‘Save As...’ the 2018 SKP file down to 2017 SKP (or older).

Edited by rDesign
On 12/1/2018 at 9:28 AM, rDesign said:

it imports SketchUp version 4 through 2017, so if you have access to SketchUp 2018 you can ‘Save As...’ the 2018 SKP file down to 2017 SKP (or older)

Exactly like VW2018...unfortunately, if you don't have access to SketchUp 2018, this isn't an option, which is the whole point.

• Like 1

@rDesign Apologies, I did not intend to point my frustration at you, and I really appreciate the support on this thread.

Our concern with this is that we work with consultants that interchange using SketchUp. Now we have to make sure to tell them to downsave their files before sending, which is just one more headache when we are trying to make it as easy on our consultants as possible. It's not a big deal...just another frustration point.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

@John Meunier Nothing says "get up to speed buddy!" more than asking the "please send an older version of your file" question.

Due to the lack of interoperability we lost a project detailing and producing permit & construction documents because we were not able to accurately import the designer's SU model. Client used another firm that produces their working drawings in Sketchup & paid at least half again what we have provided for him on other projects. He used to use VW, but just wants to design & finds SU more like drawing. I don't share his appreciation of SU but I do hear this from others. 

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 3