Cabinet Drawers

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

What would you like to do?

Hi Stephen. This is what I would like to do:

1. Change the height of the drawers and/or door. If I choose 2 or 3 drawers VW makes them the same size, I would like the top to be smaller than the one in the bottom, like in a regular kitchen. 
2. would like to be able to have the top drawer with one style and the bottom drawers with another one. 

I was able to change the height of door using the custom cabinet option but it doesn’t allow me to change the door style. 

The custom cabinet is a third party plugin right?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
40 minutes ago, Habitat43 said:

Hi Stephen. This is what I would like to do:

1. Change the height of the drawers and/or door. If I choose 2 or 3 drawers VW makes them the same size, I would like the top to be smaller than the one in the bottom, like in a regular kitchen. 
2. would like to be able to have the top drawer with one style and the bottom drawers with another one. 

I was able to change the height of door using the custom cabinet option but it doesn’t allow me to change the door style. 

The custom cabinet is a third party plugin right?

That's possible with the full version of interiorcad and yes, it's an extra plugin. There is an entry-level version, interior xs, which has full capabilities but does not do fittings, parts lists and costing. 

The 2021 version of interiorcad/interior xs will also feature framed fronts, face frames, openable fronts, awning doors, notched toe kicks and a slew of other features made for users outside of Germany/Austria/Switzerland. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

uh.....perhaps not phenomenal, but much better than the standard VW cabinet tools....

I use it almost daily for cabinet creations for kitchens, and more.

There is still a bit of work to do pertaining to drawers and doors relating to being able to create a custom profile for the drawer and door frames.  It can be done, but currently it invokes a few extra steps.

Hopefully that makes sense...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kevin K said:

Stephan, do you know if InteriorCad XS V 2021 will work with VW 2020? Or will it only work with VW 2021??

I didn't upgrade to 2021 this year for several reasons....I am sort of boycotting.

Thanks 

Hi Kevin, you will need Vectorworks 2021 for interior xs 2021 to run. 2021 actually makes a few things a lot snappier, especially redraw and OpenGL so don't hold back!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to change the standard board for a cabinet? I'm using interiorcad full version, demo, but it seems that the standard thickness for every piece is 3/4", I need to change some pieces to 1.5", I see that they exist in the masted data -> Edit boards, but how do I assign them to the cabinet?  thanks!!!

• Like 1

@Habitat43 so you have two questions:

1.) How to change the thickness of a material? You seem to have found the master data. Any material you have defined in the master data can be used anywhere in the cabinet and also in a standalone part. Assign the material to the parts (last page in the cabinet object's dialog) and you should be all set. 

2.) You want framed fronts. This will be possible in the upcoming version of interiorcad (2021) which we will release very shortly. You will also be able to use profiles for stiles and rails and for the panel.

Edited by Stephan Moenninghoff
13 hours ago, Habitat43 said:

where do I change the piece of wood from one thickness to another one?

I see the problem. The label for the material is actually a link that can be clicked on. Enabled links will be shown in blue. You have selected a part that does not (yet) exist in your cabinet model. Click on side/stile and the labels should turn blue and become clickable.

Edited by Stephan Moenninghoff