Electrical & Plumbing going missing in symbols

Jim Smith

Question

I'm running out of time to figure this out but this is new in 2019 & I just opened a 2018 project to check, this is a 2019 issue.

I have plumbing & electrical symbols that make up the 2D parts of pharmacy counters & Dr exam rooms. The layout changes from project to project but the requirement stay the same. These symbols go back to at least 2017 if not 2016. I have these symbols assigned to the NONE on each drawing but both the 3D & 2D classes are assigned as to what each thing is Furniture, Millwork, Plumbing, Electrical etc. 

Up until 2019 these symbols would show up on drawings so electrical would not show on Furniture & vice versa, now it seems to be all or nothing. I may have done something to alter this, but I don't think so.

Has anyone else seen this?

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Jim Smith would you mind messaging me a copy of the file so we can take a closer look? I did some tests with a setup similar to what you described but didn't see any problems, so there might be something more specific that's causing the problem. Thanks for your help!

Thanks Tim. The typical exam room layout has Plumbing, Electrical, & Furniture each in it's own class as required. The symbol is always customized in each layout to match the required space. I have sent copy of the electrical plans. What seems to be happening is that having had the computer shut down overnight, some of the visibility issues seem to have been resolved. 

TEST FILE.zip

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Jim Smith much thanks, Jim. I do see the problem with the Bitmap (in the Notes-Stamp class) not showing in the VP and I've submitted a bug report to our engineers.

I wasn't able to duplicate the other issue (where the "EX RM 1" symbol wasn't showing in the VP), but since the problem resolved itself I'm guessing it was related to graphics caching (always tricky to troubleshoot).

We'll definitely keep a close eye on this, and if you see the problem again please let us know. For future reference though you can often fix graphics issues like this just by deleting the object (in this case the viewport) and then Undoing the delete.

Thanks again!