Height and width fields in worksheet doubles !

Viper x

Using version 10.5 on xp pro

When I enter more of a particular plant species that is already in the plant list the height and width values double ?

ie if I place say a line of plants or a single plant in the drawing for the first time the assigned H&W value goes in fine in the worksheet, next time I add more of that species the height and width value doubles each time ?

This has never happened in previous versions

What is going on please ?

Viper x

[ 10-02-2003, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Viper x ]

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Anderson:

I suspect that what is happening is that your plant list worksheet has lost its "summary" for the height and width columns. You might try bringing in a new plant list from the library...

I am not trying to give you more work for the sake of it but what are the steps to " bringing in a new plant list from the library" please Robert ?

I have many plants already in the drawing.

thanks Viper x

Could you explain that process further please Robert.

I have brought in a another copy of the worksheet into the drawing from the worksheet in the resources browser but this has the same problem, and I sense this is not what you are suggesting I do ?

If I delete the problem worksheet completely and create a new one and place it in the drawing and do a recalculation will it find all the plants I have already placed on the drawing ?

I have tried to locate "00_Plant lists" using the find on disc in the resources browser and setting the path as "object library" but it can not locate it ?

Is there a way to put back the ,lost "summary" in the current worksheet ?

Bear with someone on a steep learning curve please [Eek!]

[ 10-02-2003, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Viper x ]

Well, I wandered around trying to find this allusive 00 Plant List but it never showed it's head I am afraid.

So after trying numerous things and looking at other worksheets that did not have the x 2 gene I was none the wiser.

So what the heck I started to mess around and what do you know when I dragged over a couple of those tiny little "sum" biscuits and plonked them on the Height and Width cells - bingo ! the values returned to normal and has stayed that way since [Mad]

What is more maddening is that the old work sheets that never had the x 2 gene don't have the tiny litte "sum" biscuits in their cells - what the hell is going on ! [Mad]

Clearly I am no wiz at this game but I have to say this software is insane at times [Mad]

If you don't see OO Plant Lists in the Resource Brwoser's favorites list, you'll need to add it to your library.

That process is outlined in the VW User's Guide.

The file is located in the VW folder, in the Object Libraries folder.

Once you have that file in your library, select the file from the drop down, and simply import a worksheet into your drawing. Then you can recalculate the data to see if the same problem is happening in your new worksheet. To recalculate, click on the tiny triangle in the upper left corner and select Recalculate.

If the problem doesn't show itself, delete your old worksheet and modify the newly imported one to meet your other standards.

[ 10-03-2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]