Data Tags & Worksheets

Hi all,

I'm looking for a little help with Data Tags. These look like a great way to make notes about cable runs on my plans.  

What I'd like to do is place data tags on my plan and enter in information about cable IDs, lengths etc.  I'd then like to make a worksheet of that data.  I'm struggling a bit with the worksheet part of this exercise.  The 'User-entered Fields' are an easy way of generating fields on the data tags, but I can't see these anywhere on in the worksheet dialogue.  I've also looked at linking Field Records with data tags, but haven't had any joy there either.  

Any assistance much appreciated! 

Cookie

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
32 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

is there a timeline for a video tutorial for the new Data Tag and is the desire to access the Data Tag custom fields on the radar? I'm going to wishlist it but it seems to be one of the first things people ask about. It must of been considered.

Its on the list but I don't expect it very soon, there are a few large training items being worked on for the early part of the new year.