Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Tracking PIO movement

Sam Jones

Is there an event code that will indicate that the PIO moved, and returning where it was and where it is.  Here is the problem.  I have a control point that is at the end of a line pointing to an object, a place on an object, that is outside the PIO.  When I move the PIO, I want the end of the line to stay ending at the location it was at before the PIO was moved.  Currently the line is drawn from the center of the PIO to the control point.  When the PIO moves, the control point moves, and the control point is no longer at the place on the external object that the user wishes to be.  So, my first thought is that if I know the change, from where to where, that the PIO moved I can place the control point back where it was by moving it in the opposite direction.  If there is no such event, then a way to retrieve that same information during a reset event would also work, but I don't know how to do that either.  I had another thought that I might place a locus and draw back to that, but, obviously, the locus moves just as the control point moves.  Any help out there?

TIA.

I received detailed help from Andy Dunning.  As Josh pointed out the key was a vslStateGet call

FUNCTION   vsoStateGetPos( ObjHandle;VAR X, Y , Z : REAL; VAR outIs3D:BOOLEAN) :BOOLEAN ;

Andy gave me an example and a heads up about converting results from mm to drawing units.

Thanks all.