Workgroup Library VS Favorite In Resource Browser?

Can anyone tell me how I can get files to show in the workgroup library as opposed to say adding a favorite?  We currently just use favorites, but wondered if we could be overlooking advantages.

Its not clear to me via the Kbase and I would like some clarification

I have set a desired location to look for work group folders in the VW preferences? But I don't see those files come in thru the browser? Maybe Im misunderstanding how this works??

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 3.27.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 3.27.13 PM.png

Edited by HEengineering

If you want it to show as Default Content (say Line Styles), then you have to have them in EXACTLY the right location.  Go to your user folder and copy the Libraries/Defaults complete folder structure to your Workgroup Folder.  Libraries needs to be at the top level of the Workgroup folder and the rest of the hierarchy in enclosed in that.

Then put the file(s) with the line styles you want to be Default Content into the Attributes - LineTypes folder.

If you don't want to have to break them out to separate files, I think you can just use an alias to the file so you can use the same file in multiple locations.

I can never remember is you need to restart VW after you change the Workgroup folder structure or not. If you put the file there and the LineStyles don't show up, try restarting.

• Like 1

I actually took the file and put it in the users default, and then named accordingly.  It now shows up in user under the attributes panel, but Im looking for it to show under workgroup.

What I was missing was that the file name has to be xxxx_Default Line Types.

The alais Idea sounds ideal, great suggestion.  Now last step is getting under workgroups in attributes pallet.  I already have it in the Resource Library as u can see above.

It does not matter what the file is named. The only thing that matters is that it is stored in the correct folder inside Defaults, Inside Libraries, Inside a folder that is defined as a Workgroup Folder.

If you have a single file with multiple different object types, they won't show up unless that file (or hopefully an alias) is in the correct folder for each of the object types that you want to be Default Content.