v2019 SP2 broken wall style

Benson Shaw

I have a project file that started as v2018 through several SPs.  I converted file to v2019 SP1 and all seemed well.  Updated to v2019 SP2 and my wall styles refuse to render proper attributes in OGL.  Renders are fine in RW renders. Walls are thick masonry with a brick face component which should render a terra cotta color - just a fill, not a texture.

Did I goof in my wall style setup? Or is this a conversion problem? Recommended fix?

Attached samples for troubleshooting:

v2018WallStyle.vwx  Works fine in v2018.  Open in v2019.  Mine renders the "brick" OK in RW, but OGL renders gray.

v2019Wall Style SP1>SP2.  This one worked fine in v2019 SP1, but now the "brick" renders gray in SP2

-B

v2018WallStyle.vwx

v2019WallStyle SP1>SP2.vwx

Edited by Benson Shaw
Precision

Thanks for looking, Kevin!  I need this for live DL presentation in a few weeks, so it's imperative that things are working in OGL.  Another workaround is to just forget the component fills and assign a color to the whole wall.  That works in SP2.

Still thinking about regressing to SP1.  Seems like there was supposed to be a choice for SP in the Updater App>Advanced.  But I don't see it there, nor on the downloads page at the mothership.

I will send the files and description to bug submit this eve.  Gotta run now.

-B

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
15 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

Still thinking about regressing to SP1.  Seems like there was supposed to be a choice for SP in the Updater App>Advanced.  But I don't see it there, nor on the downloads page at the mothership.

Close Vectorworks, then launch the Vectorworks 2019 Updater application (it should be in the regular Vectorworks 2019 application folder) and then click Advanced Options. Hold the Alt/Option key down while this dropdown menu is open, and you should see a selection for Change Version. From there you should be able to select SP0 or SP1.

I'll make a kbase article about this as well, didn't want to post until I was sure it was working fine but its quite solid.

• Like 1