Question

I am certain this has been brought up before, but Vectorworks has to do something about how Renderworks handle the cache.  It is ridiculous that I have to restart every time I want to do a new render.

If someone has a trick please share it with me.

6 answers to this question

Maybe this helps:

For viewport renderings there is a setting in the preferances:

Document settings / Document Preferences / Display / Save viewport cache

2 hours ago, Kevin Friddell said:

It is ridiculous that I have to restart every time I want to do a new render.

Are you seeing that the renders do not update at all with new changes,or that the viewport is reverting to black after the first render works? This is in 2018 SP1.1?

Get that file over to tech@vectorworks.net along with this from your machine please:

I have the same problem doing Final renderings since VW2018. I can only do one rendering at a time and then I need to restart the computer to free up memory. If I try to do two Renderworks Final renderings, it will use up all the memory and ask me to force quit the appplication. This happens both on my MacBook Pro (2018) with 16GB and my Mac Pro (late 2013) with 64 GB.