• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
14 hours ago, Kiah3 said:

I want to switch from autocad to vectorworks. Why buy a used license. If I buy the license do I need anything else?   

Help please 

Used licenses are normally sold at a discount compared to the brand new ones. It's perfectly fine to buy one from another user here, the only extra step is contacting sales@vectorworks.net just before the purchase so that they can confirm the previous owner and transfer ownership of the license to you.

• Like 1
On 11/27/2018 at 6:19 AM, Jim Wilson said:

Used licenses are normally sold at a discount compared to the brand new ones. It's perfectly fine to buy one from another user here, the only extra step is contacting sales@vectorworks.net just before the purchase so that they can confirm the previous owner and transfer ownership of the license to you.

And come renewal time you're only paying the regular renewal fee for that license correct?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 11/30/2018 at 12:44 PM, Jeff Bonny said:

And come renewal time you're only paying the regular renewal fee for that license correct?

I would assume whatever contract was already in place could be continued unless the seller had some special status, but you can confirm any details like that with sales@vectorworks.net beforehand.

• Like 1