Sam House

Vectorworks Viewer and Vectorworks 2019

Question

Just wondering if this  is standard behavior, 

The other day I installed Vectorworks viewer on my machine so I could see what the designer I was sending a file to would be able to see and what functionality he'd have. I noticed it installed at "Vectorworks 2019" and subsequently I wasn't able to open any of my actual drawings as it had replaced actual Vectorworks as the default program, or was just confused as there were two Vectorworks 2019's on the machine. Fair enough, I then uninstalled Vectorworks Viewer to correct this. But as part of the uninstall it removed folders from actual Vectorworks meaning I had to do a fresh install of the program and excellently wasted an hour.  This all seems quite bizzare to me given surely the program should be just called "Vectorworks Viewer 2019"? 

Or am I just being dense/missing something?

Sam

1 answer to this question

Your request makes sense to prevent this easily made mistake.

Also, a much better description of exactly what the viewer does and doesn't do before I have clients download this very large program.