VW 2019 Unresponsive When Editing VP Annotations MM Dims

Bruce Kieffer

Question

Honestly, I have no idea what the problem is, but I probably force quit 15 times last night when Vectorworks hung up when I entered a viewport to edit MM dimensions. This has been happening on more than one file. I send the crash reports to Apple every time. All of my files were created in previous versions of Vectorworks, and my MM dimensions are drawn using a custom dimension standard I created years ago. The last time Vectorworks hung up last night I walked away and left it beachball spinning. This morning it was not hung. Go figure! I have found that if I'm able to get in to the VP the best option is for me to delete all the dimensions there and re-enter therm. That does seem to solve the corruption.

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Bruce Kieffer would you mind sending me a message with a copy of the file so we can investigate? In the past I've noticed a delay of a few seconds when entering VP annotations for the first time, but it always goes away after that. I'm thinking there might be something about your dim standard or file setup that's causing this same delay to last much longer. Thanks for your help!

3 minutes ago, Tim C. said:

@Bruce Kieffer would you mind sending me a message with a copy of the file so we can investigate? In the past I've noticed a delay of a few seconds when entering VP annotations for the first time, but it always goes away after that. I'm thinking there might be something about your dim standard or file setup that's causing this same delay to last much longer. Thanks for your help!

I will send the file the next time I have the issue. I got this one working again this morning. Thanks.