v2019 pdf snap bugs

Benson Shaw

Question

Couple possible pdf bugs, at least on MacOS side.  I'm on High Sierra.

Bug 1.

•Import a vector based pdf into v2019, or v2018 (might be same situation in earlier versions).

•Result is shows as PDF Page in OIP.

•Toggle the OIP Snap to Geometry and verify that snaps are working.

•Duplicate in Place the PDF Page (OIP identifies the dupe as PDF Page).

••  The Bug:

•On my system, the Snap to Geometry is still checked, but cursor cannot detect any snap points.  Same lack o snaps if toggle the Snap option off/on.

••  The Workaround:

• Cut/Paste (including Paste in Place).  Now the snaps work. OIP option also works to enable/disable snaps.

Bug 2.

• Use v2018 to open a v2018 file containing at least one vector PDF Page. (I haven't tried earlier versions)

• Select the PDF Page and verify that the Snap to Geometry option toggles access to the snaps.

• Enable the Snap to Geometry option. Save and close the v2018 file.

• Open same file with v2019 and accept the conversion.

• In the v2019 file, locate & select the PDF Page, and verify that Snap to Geometry is enabled.

On my system, same bug as above.  No snaps, even if toggle the Snap option. Same Cut/Paste workaround, too.

General Notes:

A PDF Page exhibiting the bug ungroups as expected to reveal the Bitmap, the white rectangle, and the geometry. (v2018 & v2019)

I'm curious whether others can replicate.  Win & Mac.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
Punctuation

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

Couple possible pdf bugs, at least on MacOS side.  I'm on High Sierra.

Bug 1.

•Import a vector based pdf into v2019, or v2018 (might be same situation in earlier versions).

•Result is shows as PDF Page in OIP.

•Toggle the OIP Snap to Geometry and verify that snaps are working.

•Duplicate in Place the PDF Page (OIP identifies the dupe as PDF Page).

••  The Bug:

•On my system, the Snap to Geometry is still checked, but cursor cannot detect any snap points.  Same lack o snaps if toggle the Snap option off/on.

••  The Workaround:

• Cut/Paste (including Paste in Place).  Now the snaps work. OIP option also works to enable/disable snaps.

Hi Benson,

I can confirm there is a problem with PDF snaps if you Duplicate a PDF Page in VW2019 SP2 (Mac High Sierra). In my test, I lost most but not all snaps to the PDF.

As a side note I have found that snaps are generally buggy in VW2019. They often disappear in a variety of circumstances (editing in groups, extrudes, after switching to orthogonal views).

Kevin

• Like 1

Hi Kevin- I get the missing snaps in v2019 containers, too. But no reliable way to force it for testing. When it does happen I try to “Save!” and exit/reenter the container edit screen. I think that usually restores the snaps. But I’m usually too immersed to remember the particulars or go back for reliable tests.

-B

• Like 1