Site model pad (site modifier) with adjustable control points/vertice

J. Wallace

Question

While working on a site model today it became clear to me that more intuitive controls over pad slopes and how they intersect with others would be helpful. In the image below the property is on a steep slope with a slope driveway approach. Blending all these pads together would be so much easier if we could adjust the corner or additional vertice elevation much you like do with the retaining wall site modifier where you simply click and pull up or down the vertice. 

site.png

site1.png

• Like 4

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @J. Wallace,

I agree that site modeling could be improved upon to be more intuitive. If you haven't tried this already, create a simple 3D polygon or NURBS object and place it on the Site-DTM-Modifier class. It will be recognized as a site modifier object and gives you similar controls to the retaining wall site modifier.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have further questions.

-Tony

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tony Kostreski said:

Hi @J. Wallace,

I agree that site modeling could be improved upon to be more intuitive. If you haven't tried this already, create a simple 3D polygon or NURBS object and place it on the Site-DTM-Modifier class. It will be recognized as a site modifier object and gives you similar controls to the retaining wall site modifier.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have further questions.

-Tony

Thanks @Tony Kostreski. I have certainly used 3d polygons in the past to bridge these gaps. Question for you, I've never placed them in the modifier class and when I do I get errors that show up. It seems to defeat the purpose by putting them in this class? I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

site2.png

Edited by J. Wallace