Service Pack 2 for Vectorworks 2019 released

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Vectorworks, Inc. has released its second Service Pack (SP2) for the Vectorworks® 2019 product line. This Service Pack includes multiple fixes and improvements in the following areas: 

• Heavy focus on correcting issues related to the Undo command
  • Numerous stability enhancements in a number of areas such as: Multiple Views, Class Overrides, Attribute Mapping, Project Sharing
  • Extensive improvements to VGM display of Annotations, Fills, Textures and more
  • Large number of improvements to the behavior of the Data Tag object
  • Improved the performance and quality of Generating 2D Graphics from 3D Components

This Service Pack is available for all licenses as a downloadable updater. To install the Service Pack, please select "Check for Updates" from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows). For a full list of  fixes and improvements in the 2019 SP2 updater, please visit THIS PAGE.

Contact us at tech@vectorworks.net if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.

Please note this Service Pack is currently available for all non-localized English versions.

• Like 4

Nearly 800 bugs were fixed in 2019 SP2 overall, the above is a summary of only issues that were corrected between 2019 SP1 and 2019 SP2. If you have any specific issues that you do not see here that you would like to know the status of, please let me know or link me to the bug and I will attempt to track it down for you.

1 minute ago, Robin Mair said:

Doing a Check for Updates does not work for me, it just keeps telling me that I have the current version. I have SP1 installed, is there some other way of getting the SP?

It sometimes takes a bit to propagate to all locations. It should either pop up automatically on it's own or show up after running Check for Updates a few minutes after this post.

2 minutes ago, cberg said:

VB-154300 Multiple space labels class fix doesn't seem to have made the cut in SP2. 

It looks like the fix wasn't complete in time to make SP2, but it is marked as fixed in SP3. It may also appear as VB-156040, a duplicate filing of the same issue.

• Like 1

I opted to finally upgrade to Mojave yesterday and have been working all morning with no issues (VW19 sp2). I'm mostly developing 3d furniture models, not any complex architectural work. I think Andrew nailed it..no official announcement but Jim did post confirmation that VW has worked through the majority of Mojave conflicts other than some printing issues.

• Like 1

Looking at the SP1.1 update for 2019 and I notice landmark gets site model updates? Did architect get these updates as well? 

Landmark:

Site Model - Multiple corrections to sculpting interface and graphical appearance

Plant Catalog - Corrected an problem related to deleting plants from a custom catalog

Foliage - Fixed an issue that caused the tool to be unusable on certain hardware configurations

Plants - Corrected a plant graphic issue tied to using Best Performance graphics

Landscape Area - Stability improvements

Site Model - Site Model from Boundary should now display it’s tooltip as expected

15 minutes ago, HEengineering said:

Looking at the SP1.1 update for 2019 and I notice landmark gets site model updates? Did architect get these updates as well? 

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I sorted them by area of interest, I didn't mean to imply the fixed listed below each category were only for a namesake module. 

On 11/24/2018 at 3:26 AM, Peter Vandewalle said:

Any news on 137206? Roof textures by class not working.

I see this and a number of semi related roof and roof component attribute issues marked as fixed in SP3, but they were not marked as fixed in time for SP2. 

On 11/21/2018 at 9:32 AM, Wesley Burrows said:

Has the CPU core limit been lifted?  

The limit is still in place, however some good news: We have not detected any threading-related problems in tessellation, so the engineers in charge of the VGM are discussing removing the limit completely. I will keep an ear on this as it affects a lot of my work as well, and if there ends up being a way to enable more cores prior to an update, (this is possible but only something id push for if we don't plan to simply unlock it in the near future) I will post.

• Like 4