drawing labels = spinning ball

fabrica

Question

20 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thanks for the crash report. 🙂

Could you try inserting Drawing label in a sheet layer, not in the annotations of a viewport? If it doesn't hang, you could try duplicating the Drawing Label in the annotations afterwards, or inserting new drawing label in the annotations directly.

Let me know if you succeeded with the steps from above.

Thanks!

We are still trying to reproduce this and figure out where the problem is. It would be helpful if you could send me your user folder for VW2019. You could find your user folder by opening Vectorworks Preferences -> User Folders tab -> click on Reveal in finder. Also, if you have the time, a screen recording showing the exact steps would be nice too.

As of now, I suppose you could use this workaround?

Once again, thanks for the feedback and provided information.

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov , looks like workaround didn't last long as the problems seems to have come back.

I'm also  noticing that if I copy a viewport with a drawing label and change the drawing title in the object info menu that it does not update the copied drawing label. If I click on the viewport to edit annotations > it will hang with beach ball as the drawing label seems to be selected by default. 

This file was originally started in 2018 and converted to 2019. 

Screenshot 2018-11-29 at 16.14.58.png

Screenshot 2018-11-29 at 16.15.01.png

Hello Trevor,

Is this happening with the attached .vwx file from above? If not could you send me the other file? Also, as we are not able to reproduce this, it could be related to some of the settings stored in your user folder. Could you try deleting/renaming your user folder and test this again with clean user folder?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Through another thread, we also understand you're having issues with a bloated user folder.  It's through this thread, we realized your user folder is stored on iCloud.  We do not officially support or recommend storing your Vectorworks user folder in iCloud, DropBox, etc.  I would be curious to know if the drawing label issue and the bloated userlog file, subside, when the user folder is stored locally for awhile?  It sounds like you might have tried this already and would just like to confirm.

In regards to the Drawing Label causing a freeze.  In a new blank document, can you try inserting a Column and/or Escalator object in a Design Layer, and let us know if you see the same freezing issue?

Thanks!

@Gunther no problems with column and escalator objects in design layer - it looks like the bloating is related to the amount of time I leave the spinning ball going before force quitting.  This then resets if I restart vectorworks.

It appears confined to drawing labels in annotation mode in viewports = spinning ball hang until I force quit....

will try the files on desktop for the weekend and let you know monday .....