segments in roadways?

jnr

Tony:

Thanks. That did it. The DTM is referenced and I had to turn off the Modifier class. But  I only know enough about DTM and site modeling to be dangerous. The whole roadway tool set I find cumbersome and I spend way too much time screwing around with it. I wish it were more intuitive. Fortunately this is schematic and will  get back to modifying the site down the road. The send to surface tool, while convienent, lacks flexibility and could be improved. Maybe I'm going about it wrong but would be nice if I could send a roadway to the surface and have it form to the DTM, where I could then tweak it , rather than it show up as a flat plane that the stations then have to be manipulated.467562207_ScreenShot2018-11-19at11_44_40AM.thumb.png.e0b657ded6059ed45fa85a4df6960e53.png

DTM class, that was my next guess.  I happen to be working with a DTM all last week and had the same issue.  The best way I found was to cycle thru by station and adjust height as needed.  Not the fastest process but it does work. 

I often spend a lot of time using the road tools as well.  Hoping this feature gets some love soon. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Glad to hear. I agree that the roadway tool palette is currently limited and deserves some love – please suggest this on our wishlist channel 😉 In the meantime, have you tried using Roadway (NURBS) using the following process discussed on Vectorworks 2019 Help? I've found better success when sending this Roadway type to the surface and redistributing the stations as needed. 

• Like 2