Roof Textures

Matt Overton

Ok so... All Renderworks tile textures generate horizontal and when used on a roof face they run across the roof like on the attached. Given this would cause water issues the ribs should run with the slope of the roof. 

There seems to be no way in the texture, class or roof definition to rotate it 90 degrees to make it look right. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 4.04.19 pm.png

7 hours ago, Phil Schawe said:

You can also rotate textures in the OIP

This option only works with unstyled Roof objects.

Requiring you over 8 clicks to use and losing the benefit of having a roof style in the first place. Also, you lose the thickness of the top component which is nice to give definition to the Roof in lower views.

As seen below with OIP modified roof rotated to 45º.

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 9.20.27 am.png

9 hours ago, Markvl said:

@Matt Overton, my initial thought is rotate the texture image.  Bottom left of the Edit Image Color dialog box.

ScreenHunter_24 Nov. 19 08.29.jpg

Ended up reverting to an Image texture because I didn't see the Horizontal option in tile texture in the screen below.

Yes silly me it's obvious when you see it.  Although have to wonder why it's in dimensions and not labelled the same as other textures.

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 9.31.04 am.png

Ahhh... @Matt Overton I didn't realize that you were using a tile shader, but ya there is a way to change the orientation.

13 hours ago, Matt Overton said:

This option only works with unstyled Roof objects.

Requiring you over 8 clicks to use and losing the benefit of having a roof style in the first place. Also, you lose the thickness of the top component which is nice to give definition to the Roof in lower views.

As seen below with OIP modified roof rotated to 45º.

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 9.20.27 am.png

I get what you're driving at.  It is to much work to change the texture orientation.  It should be easier.  Wonder if this is in the wishlist?