Page Setup Help Needed.

Bruce Kieffer

Question

I cannot figure out why I have two different page setup sizes in my document. They have different printable areas, and changing the size in the right hand width and heigh changes the pages sizes on the left, and vice versa. I've looked at my design layers and viewports. Here are two screen shots from the same file. Both are viewports. Do you know why this is?

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 8.42.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 8.43.19 AM.png

Edited by Bruce Kieffer

12 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Bruce Kieffer said:

I cannot figure out why I have two different page setup sizes in my document. They have different printable areas, and changing the size in the right hand width and heigh changes the pages sizes on the left, and vice versa. I've looked at my design layers and viewports. Here are two screen shots from the same file. Both are viewports. Do you know why this is?

I think you need to uncheck "Choose size unavailable in printer setup". You're currently using two user defined page sizes that are slightly different instead of the page size defined by what you choose in Printer Setup.

Kevin

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

hmm, are you sure you are using the same printer for all of the layers? These gray borders in the page are comming from the selected printer and they seem to be different for the first layer and the other layers.

Before, the page setup was incorrectly setting the paper size, instead of the page size. In VW2019 it is setting the page size, which is removing the gray borders lengths from the dimensions and that is why the values are different for your sheets - you have different gray borders. If you make your gray borders the same, your with/height should be  the same too.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
19 minutes ago, Bruce Kieffer said:

It does, but now I'm trying to figure out why in this file my Brother Printer gives the larger print area, where that is not true in other files. More testing.

Thats very odd. I almost always suggest Mac users to use "Any Printer" so they have full control over their page size templates and margins, where some of the printers try to lock them in. I have not however encountered an instance where one page or document was different from another on the SAME printer.