Data Tag to Worksheet

I couldn't find it either. I think the Data Tag information is stored in a hidden record. It probably is possible to access it but someone from NV would need to provide the record information to do it.

Here's an example thread where information was given to access hidden records associated with the title block border -

Same sort of situation.

@Jim Wilson or @Marissa Farrell, would either of you know who to ask about "hidden" records for the Data Tag?

Thanks,

Kevin

If you are using the data tag to identify inherent information of an object (i.e. plug-in parameters or record fields), the you would build a worksheet to show the object's information, not the data tag's. This way you can control the object's info and the data tag should automatically update.

If you are using Data Tags as basic features independent of the object's information, then yes...we need a way to pull that data.

• Marionette Maven

@Kevin McAllister 

My understanding is that the Data Tag just uses linked text to information, so @ericjhberg has the right approach to this.

I did look at the records attached to the Data Tag and nothing there looks like it would be useful. It's mostly information on how to draw the Data Tag object, but not the data being displayed by it.

It's possible that the objects inside the Data Tag Layout have some extra info in some cases, but extracting that may not be so straight forward. I'll take a look.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Marissa Farrell said:

@Kevin McAllister 

My understanding is that the Data Tag just uses linked text to information, so @ericjhberg has the right approach to this.

I did look at the records attached to the Data Tag and nothing there looks like it would be useful. It's mostly information on how to draw the Data Tag object, but not the data being displayed by it.

It's possible that the objects inside the Data Tag Layout have some extra info in some cases, but extracting that may not be so straight forward. I'll take a look.

As you say the visible records attached to the Data Tag are not useful in this instance. How would you create a spreadsheet combines the Data Tag's incremental value feature with the data it pulls from the object its labelling? It must be possible..... or at least part of the 2.0 plan?

Kevin

• Marionette Maven

@Kevin McAllister

I looked at the hidden records as well, sorry for being unclear. No record information attached to the Data Tag object is useful.

My approach would be to run a script to query the objects inside of the Data Tag, but I feel like the process would be too dynamic in the long run to be useful.

I cannot find a current way to pull incremental data reliably at this time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...