plugin /symbol stuck to layer

Violetz

Question

I have a symbol/ plugin stuck to a layer. I cannot select it - tried classes components tags etc. Select all scoops it up as it deletes with the rest of page, but marquee selection only picks up adjacent objects. 

I would very much appreciate any advice as to what might be occurring - Violetz

14 answers to this question

Hi michaelk and Pat Stanford.

Thanks you for your replies. I have tried alt-select ( if that Force select?)  I have tried to single out all classes individually. I have also 3 other plant objects ( different from phantom plant) that are selectable on that layer but don't appear to belong in any class either when toggling through the classes ( active only shows no plant objects)  I have tried the select similar tool which only works for the legit plants.

The objects inside a plant are all in different classes. That is why you are not able to see anything when you set Class to Active Only. The class of both the container (plant, plugin object, symbol, group) and the contained objects (whatever is inside) need to be set to visible to be able to see an object.

If you are trying to see what classes have plants in them, set the visibility of all of the Plant-Whatever classes to be visible. Set the visibility of all the other classes to invisible. As you change the Active Class (shortcut Control Right/Left Arrow), then container objects in that class that contain objects classed as Plant-Whatever will be visible.

Thanks Pat

I may have just about got my head around  that info ....but cant work out how it might help shift the phantom plant.  I'm hoping its a glitch!  I have abandoned that layer and moved on. Its obvious that despite using it since 2010 - i'm still only understanding a small fraction of the programs capabilities. 😕