ericjhberg

Irrigation Bug - Creating Custom Valves in Fractional Sizes Fails (i.e. 1-1/2" Valves)

Question

When trying to add a custom valve to the irrigation library, the software fails to recognize fractional sizes. For example, I have tried to create an 1-1/2" version of a valve made by Buckner Superior. When entering the data for size, regardless of whether you enter it as 1 1/2" or 1.5" the library changes that size back down to 1" upon accepting the settings. 

I have even tried duplicating an existing library instance of a 1 1/2" Rainbird valve, changing a couple of the settings, and then accepting the changes and it still down sizes the valve in the library?

Here is a brief video of the problem, sorry for the lack of audio. @LanceF @Tony Kostreski @Eric Gilbey, RLA ASLA @Bryan G.

2 answers to this question

It turns out that this problem is pervasive. It exists in System Components and ALL types of valves and other components...a very frustrating encounter when trying to build a library of components we frequently use and we cannot add any half-size items.

So...more information on this "bug"...it turns out that 3/4" size works, but anything in between 1 and 2 inches (i.e. 1-1/4", 1-1/2") doesn't?

This is so annoying...screwing up legends and callouts...bad.