Change VW to a 3 year iteration

Jim Smith

Question

2 answers to this question

I concur!

NNA needs to seriously contemplate if they want to keep architects as their customers. The software, while having great potential, is WAY too buggy as it is.

NNA also needs to understand that the price difference (about double the price) to other mainstream competors is MEANINGLESS compared to the loss of billable time and stress caused by bugs/subpar functionality.

I personally like VW over the other choices, but overall quality is a serious problem.

• Like 2

Also; having to spend billable time learning new stuff to do old things every year seems crazy to me, as well as imagining that in a 365 day cycle, the engineers will have ironed out all the bugs and then create a new better app which actually increases productivity. For ex: I stopped using 2019 almost immediately due to several reasons, not least of which was the black render viewport problem, which was apparently fixed in SP1.1. Not true, happened again to me yesterday and after five minutes of tinkering, exported the file back to 2018. Only fix I found was closing and re-opening the app. I don't have time for that. So, back in 2018 till next SP.

Oh wait: Also, 2019 stopped highlighting or showing in any way that I'd selected an object. Surest way to see was to hit delete. If line disappeared, I'd managed to select it. 

Edited by mjm
The other problem
  • Like 2