Question

I'm trying to label my plan, elevation and section but every time I edit the label name or number, the previous labels change names or numbers. It's like they are linked and I am not able to simply edit the labels. Even if I manage to somehow get them to all be correct, at least one of the labels will automatically change and the finished pdf will be incorrect. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I am missing? Is there a way to unlink the labels?

Thank you!

Edited by DavidT

2 answers to this question

Where are you using drawing labels - in the annotations of sheet layer viewports? on design layers? directly on sheet layers? What version of VW and what operating system are you using?

I normally place mine in the annotations space  of sheet layer viewports in my workflow and haven't seen these issues. Normally if you try and use a number that's already used VW gives you a warning dialog. I have seen some weirdness at times if sheet layer viewports are put into groups.

You can turn off automatic drawing coordination by going to File>Document Settings>Document Preferences. There's a checkbox for it on the Display tab of the dialog that opens.

Kevin

• Like 1

Thank you! That was my problem. By unchecking the automatic drawing coordination, I was able to manually edit each label without any problems. Thank you so much.