Wishlist Fixes

Kevin K

Question

Two requests.  One is minor but the second is, to me, fairly huge, and has been for years.

1) the minor issue is that when using the clip cube tool on a 3d site model the site model/topo is always hollow.  Meaning you can see just the 'skin' of the object.  Seems to me it should read as a solid object.

2) This is the major item that I have brought up for YEARS. As it turns out, I do a LOT of 3d modeling and Rendering.  The issue is that for doors and windows, especially trim, if you use a wood grain as a texture on the trim it ONLY goes in one direction, which would never ever happen in reality. Meaning vertical trim the wood grain would go vertical and the horizontal trim pieces the grain or texture of the trim would go in the horizontal direction. It must be very difficult for the programmers to achieve this, is my thought, because it never gets resolved in any versions of VW. To me, as fabulous as VW is, this one thing really cheapens the product. There are workarounds, but they take a very long arduous time to create. Obviously, if one uses a solid color, etc for trim there is not issue because it does not utilize a texture. Again, it is the pesky grain direction of a wood texture that becomes the issue.

So....I am pretty sure this is a moot point, but it would really be good if this issue could be resolved.  Really good  🙂

Any thoughts?

-Kev

• Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet